Cycling in Japan has never been more intimate, more connected with time and place. The 3.5-Hour Guided Tour of Satoyama helps you get a feeling for the town, showcasing a well-balanced and colorful snapshot of local village life over the scenic 22 km route. It’s a relaxing contrast to city life, a unique cultural experience rivaling other Japan bike tours, and a great way to get some exercise. Here are just a few examples of great spots that you’ll get to explore on your journey.
Rice plants are an essential part of Satoyama’s landscape and one of this tour’s most charming attractions–you can learn how rice grows in Japan and later, reap the benefits of the harvest with a hearty meal. During the tour, take the opportunity to visit a local market where local vegetables and other products are sold.
Even before food, though, you’ll need pure, clear water–something that this mountainous area has in abundance! There are many water-drawing spots, all known by our guides. The water is both delicious and free, the perfect thirst-quencher during a great ride.
While other Japan bike tours may only show you tourist spots, we will journey beyond the guidebooks, visiting everywhere from natural havens to local gathering areas essential to town life. One of them is the local market, a colorful place where the local stories are just as good as the food. Come away with a full stomach and things to tell your family and friends.
8,400JPY/person Inc.Tax / 12,000JPY(inc.Tax) from 20 Mar 2024
- Included in the price
- Trained and experienced guide (in English/Japanese)
- Small group tour
- Mountain Bike
- Rain gear (Japanese size: S, M, L)
- Tea break
- Free water (Please bring your bottles)
- Not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
SATOYAMA EXPERIENCE Hida-Furukawa Desk
11-32 Furukawacho Ninomachi, Hida-shi, Gifu, Japan
- Reservation up to 365 days ahead is possible.
- If a tour is filled with 2 people booking already, you can book it alone. Please check our current availability via “reservation”. If your requested date is unavailable, please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Tour participants must be able to ride a bike. We recommend that guests without recent experience of riding a bike familiarise themselves through training rides before their trip.
Children under 12 years old should have sufficient recent experience of riding a bike without training wheels.
- If there are children under 135cm or infants with a child seat, please book our “Half” tour.
- If you, unfortunately, cancel the tour, you will not be charged a cancellation fee up to 2 days before the tour date. Please see the link for the detail: Cancellation policy
Please be sure to purchase appropriate travel insurance in advance.
We have private tours available upon request.
* Please note that we have no child rates for private tours.
- 1 person : ¥44,400
- 2 people : ¥22,800
- 3 people : ¥15,600
- 4 people or more : ¥12,000
- 1 person : ¥57,000
- 2 people : ¥30,000
- 3 people : ¥21,000
- 4 people or more : ¥16,500
Private tour price in the top season (April 1st-20th, Jul 16th-Aug 20th, Oct 1st-15th 2021)
- 1 person : ¥58,800
- 2 people : ¥30,000
- 3 people : ¥20,400
- 4 people or more : ¥15,600
- 1 person : ¥75,000
- 2 people : ¥39,000
- 3 people : ¥27,000
- 4 people or more : ¥21,000
There is a high risk of thunderstorms developing on mid-summer afternoons (especially in July and August) when temperatures climb over 30 degrees Celsius. Please understand that cycling tours may be substituted by walking tours for safety reasons if thunder or lightning are observed. The risk of thunderstorms is generally lower in the mornings.
To reduce unnecessary waste
We recommend you bring your water bottles to SATOYAMA STAY NINO-MACHI. It’s for free to fill them up. We have a filtered drinking water dispenser by the reception. You can get fresh water before and after the tour, so you don’t need to buy any plastic bottles.
We would appreciate your cooperation to reduce unnecessary plastic use.