Private tours only
From the graceful town of Hida Furukawa, all the way to a rustic farming village, this totally flat, two and a half-hour long guided bike tour is perfect for beginning cyclists and those with families. We pedal around Satoyama and spread out into the outskirts just outside of town, eventually reaching a spring/well from which local people draw water.
Our journey will take us through fields, a shrine and other areas highlighting the deep culture of the town and its people. Keep an eye out for details big and small, each important to a lifestyle seldom seen anywhere else. After an easy and refreshing ride, there is nothing left to do but relax! Here are just a few highlights:
Rice plants are an essential part of Satoyama’s landscape and one of this tour’s most charming attractions–you can learn how rice grows in Japan and later, reap the benefits of the harvest with a hearty meal. During the tour, take the opportunity to visit a local market where local vegetables and other products are sold.
Even before food, though, you’ll need pure, clear water–something that this mountainous area has in abundance! There are many water-drawing spots, all known by our guides. The water is both delicious and free, the perfect thirst-quencher during a great ride.
8,100JPY/person Inc.Tax / We offer group tours from 11th October to 20th December 2020 only.
- Included in the price
- Trained and experienced guide (in English/Japanese)
- Private tour
- Mountain Bike
- Rain gear (Japanese size: S, M, L)
- 500ml bottled water
- Tea break
- Not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Child seat (3,000yen for rental)
SATOYAMA EXPERIENCE Hida Furukawa Desk
8-11 Furukawacho Ninomachi, Hida-shi, Gifu, Japan
- Reservation up to 170 days ahead is possible. For reservations further ahead, please contact us via the inquiry page.
- Tour participants must be able to ride a bike. We recommend that guests without recent experience of riding a bike familiarise themselves through training rides before their trip.
Children under 12 years old should have sufficient recent experience of riding a bike without training wheels.
- If you, unfortunately, cancel the tour, you will not be charged a cancellation fee up to 2 days before the tour date. Please see the link for the detail: Cancellation policy
Please be sure to purchase appropriate travel insurance in advance.
We have private tours available upon request.
* Please note that we have no child rates for private tours.
- 1 person : ¥32,400
- 2 people : ¥16,200
- 3 people : ¥10,800
- 4 people or more : ¥8,100
Private tour price in the top season (April 1st-20th, Jul 16th-Aug 20th, Oct 1st-15th 2020)
- 1 person : ¥43,200
- 2 people : ¥21,600
- 3 people : ¥14,400
- 4 people or more : ¥10,800