Private tours only
From the graceful town of Hida Furukawa, all the way to a rustic farming village, this totally flat, two and a half-hour long guided bike tour is perfect for beginning cyclists and those with families. We pedal around Satoyama and spread out into the outskirts just outside of town, eventually reaching a spring/well from which local people draw water.
Our journey will take us through fields, a shrine and other areas highlighting the deep culture of the town and its people. Keep an eye out for details big and small, each important to a lifestyle seldom seen anywhere else. After an easy and refreshing ride, there is nothing left to do but relax! Here are just a few highlights:
Rice plants are an essential part of Satoyama’s landscape and one of this tour’s most charming attractions–you can learn how rice grows in Japan and later, reap the benefits of the harvest with a hearty meal. During the tour, take the opportunity to visit a local market where local vegetables and other products are sold.
Even before food, though, you’ll need pure, clear water–something that this mountainous area has in abundance! There are many water-drawing spots, all known by our guides. The water is both delicious and free, the perfect thirst-quencher during a great ride.
8,400JPY/person Inc.Tax / 12,800JPY(inc.Tax)～ from 20 Mar 2024
- Included in the price
- Trained and experienced guide (in English/Japanese)
- Private tour
- Mountain Bike
- Rain gear (Japanese size: S, M, L)
- Free water (Please bring your bottles)
- Tea break
- Not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Child seat (3,000yen for rental)
SATOYAMA EXPERIENCE Hida Furukawa Desk
11-32 Furukawacho Ninomachi, Hida-shi, Gifu, Japan
- Reservation up to 365 days ahead is possible.
- Tour participants must be able to ride a bike. We recommend that guests without recent experience of riding a bike familiarise themselves through training rides before their trip.
Children under 12 years old should have sufficient recent experience of riding a bike without training wheels.
- If you, unfortunately, cancel the tour, you will not be charged a cancellation fee up to 2 days before the tour date. Please see the link for the detail: Cancellation policy
Please be sure to purchase appropriate travel insurance in advance.
We have private tours available upon request.
* Please note that we have no child rates for private tours.
- 1 person : ¥30,000
- 2 people : ¥15,600
- 3 people : ¥10,800
- 4 people or more : ¥8,400
- 1 person : ¥42,000
- 2 people : ¥22,500
- 3 people : ¥16,000
- 4 people or more : ¥12,800
Private tour price in the top season (April 1st-20th, Jul 16th-Aug 20th, Oct 1st-15th 2021)
- 1 person : ¥39,600
- 2 people : ¥20,400
- 3 people : ¥14,000
- 4 people or more : ¥10,800
- 1 person : ¥55,000
- 2 people : ¥29,000
- 3 people : ¥20,400
- 4 people or more : ¥16,000
There is a high risk of thunderstorms developing on mid-summer afternoons (especially in July and August) when temperatures climb over 30 degrees Celsius. Please understand that cycling tours may be substituted by walking tours for safety reasons if thunder or lightning are observed. The risk of thunderstorms is generally lower in the mornings.
To reduce unnecessary waste
We recommend you bring your water bottles to SATOYAMA STAY NINO-MACHI. It’s for free to fill them up. We have a filtered drinking water dispenser by the reception. You can get fresh water before and after the tour, so you don’t need to buy any plastic bottles.
We would appreciate your cooperation to reduce unnecessary plastic use.